(1) I feel that I have been blessed from my early childhood to have dogs and cats living with me and my life not to mention rabbits. My earliest recollection of these wonderful characters was when I was maybe two years old maybe even younger than that.
(2 ) The first guy was Corky unfortunately and I really do mean unfortunately for I do not recall much about Corky but butch was a different story.
(3) My parents from the old school there were six children in my family starting with Wayne and ending with me Paul Wayne was 14 years older than me. One of the earliest pictures of me at about two years old was of me lying on the ground with the Butch lying close by to protect me so I was told. Spankings were administer when we were not doing as our parents felt that we should be doing. That's where Butch came into the story we were to get a whippin, Butch had to be put outside as he did attack the hand that was hurting his charges. We moved to Albuquerque, New Mexico, Butch did not come there with us.
(4) Next we moved to Seal Beach,California. We lived a block from the beach in Seal Beach, California. I was six years old when we moved there in 1943, Wayne joined the Army Air Force when I was 7 years old. He came home on leave when I was nine and brought a puppy to us. The puppy's name was Joy she became my joy whenever I was Joy was there too.
(5)Then there was Favey the cat. We always had a cat or cats. Favey was Betty’s favorite cat and mama cats favorite kitten. Favey was Betty's favorite cat and mama cats favorite kitten. Mama cat had a litter of kittens in the back of our parent's closet. Not a place to harbor kittens and every morning we would find a kitten, always the same grey and white kitten in another place in the house. It was Favey of course and that’s how she was named from then on.
(6) When we would go places on my bicycle in SealBeach, JOY was with me on my bike. Her front paws over my shoulder and her hind legs in my belt.
(7) We just about lived on the beach. My mother would want to find us in the evening so she would open the back gate and say to Joy ”go find the boys” and she followed Joy as she went from place to place searching for us until she found us. She was a great detective.
(8) One time she was hit by a car and she limped, holding he right front leg up off the ground. One day Betty heard Joy outside the kitchen door playing with another dog. She went out to see what was going on and Joy hobbled up to Betty and the woman who had the dog Joy was playing with noted Joy was limping and had not limped while playing with her dog. Betty looked down at Joy and scolded her. She put her leg down and went into the house never to limp again.
(9) When I was 17 years I got a remodeling job near Farmington, New Mexico. Joy went with me and from there we went to Denver, Colorado where my brother John lived. Joy was my constant companion.
(10) I returned to Seal Beach when I was 19 years old.There I met my wife and married at 21. We moved into an apartment where dogs were not allowed. Joy stayed with my parents for her remaining years and lived to be about 12 years old. She is still missed. There are so many memories that fill my mind about my animal friends that I could write about but I do not have enough tears to shed for their memories. They were so special in their own special ways. Thinking about them brings out the love I have for life. I still miss them.
(11) My life began with my loving dogs and cats and I will never be without their companionship.
(12) That brings me to SHARA my black Lab, one of three. SHARA, BEAR AND SHILO
(13) I have had many dogs in my lifetime but never before like Max this is the story of one of the luckiest persons in the world I had a real companion who was really everybody's companion who had a heart of gold I was the luckiest person and Max was a Shite Tzu.
(14) Max was born on March 3rd 2004 and died peacefully on September 24th 2022 16 years 6 months and 20 days. A wonderful life was enjoyed together with all of his friends. There were many, there were times when a car would pull into the driveway and the door would open and Max would jump out unknown person was that they thought Max was too far from home he was given a ride home one of his friends.Max was a wander but he was always home at dinner time.
(15) Mini is the little white dog he was given to us when he was about 5 years old. He is totally deaf which makes it very difficult to call him for dinner. He watches his dish to get placed down where he always eats. Like magic he is there. He has been in mourning since his leader is no longer there, but he is getting better.
(15) Mini was given to us when his home was disrupted when his owner passed away he was a bit confused as he won't having gone from one home to another one dog friend to another. After Max was ailing from being 26 then have and a half years and his hips were not holding him up he was put to sleep. A chore not given to be experienced by anyone with love in their hearts. I miss them both especially Maxwell.